We had a great first week of preschool! Our theme this week was “All About Me” and it gave us a chance to really get to know each other. We talked all about ourselves, what we look like, and why we are special. We made self portraits, completed “All About Me” interviews, practiced our names, and so much more!
Practicing our names on the Smartboard
Sharing our “All About Me” Bags
Exploring our classroom, and getting to know our new friends!
- Bring in your family traditions to share by Friday, September 22nd!
- Please check your school bag every night for important reminders and projects to go home!
- We will be CLOSED October 9th for Columbus Day and Teacher In-Service
Shape Clowns and Balloons!
Naseem made his own circus!
Yesterday we made blue ocean play dough, and the kids loved it! Here is the recipe we followed, its a little different than your traditional play dough! Instead of black water colors, we added two packets of blue raspberry lemonade kool-aid to add scent and color! We typically add paint for the color, and sometimes glitter too!
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1/3 cup salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon Knox Unflavored Gelatin (1/2 envelope) (You can find this with the jell-o and pudding at the grocery store!
Pour water into a medium saucepan and then sprinkle the gelatin powder over the top. Then, turn the burner on high and stir the liquid for a few minutes until the gelatin is dissolved. After that, turn the heat down while you add the rest of your ingredients (except the glitter and coloring) and then crank the heat back up to medium. Stir constantly until the dough thickens and begins to form a large clump around the spoon (this should only take about a minute). At this point, remove from heat and turn your dough out onto a plate or wax paper to cool. Once it’s cool, knead in your glitter/paint/kool-aid.
Painting with Marshmallows, Hand Print Campfires, and Animal Tracks